Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Geocaching New Year

I finished out 2014 with a strong total of 818 caches found.  It was my best year out of all the years I've been caching so far.

I made a couple of geocaching resolutions for the new year.  One is to work on my 365 geocaching days.  I paid attention at the end of the year and had a total of 215 out of 366 geocaching days (leap year included).  I'd like to at least get to 300 by the end of 2015.  I have no illusions about being able to fill in the whole thing.

For 3 years now I've been saying I want to complete the New Hampshire 234 Challenge.  I am at 212 of 234 towns.  I should make it easily sometime this spring.

I went out caching today just to fill in today on the grid.  I found six of seven caches.  I went pretty close to home and found a bunch of places I didn't know existed before despite living here for 10 years and vacationing here with my family since I was born.

One of these was Mediterranean Ave. - NH Monopoly Challenge.  I think most of the caches in this challenge have long since disappeared.  The cache is nearly seven years old an in good shape.  It's in a fantastic location near a stream with very pretty scenery.

Another spot I found was near The Potholes.  This is a swimming area in the summer.  It's beautiful now with the ice partially over the stream.

Saturday is the next day I'm planning to cache.  There are a few towns an hour south of us I need to cross out for the 234 Challenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment